Running a rigid fork up front for weight saving and climbing efficiency, the Vice 1.0 is stripped back to give you the perfect rig for exploring the benefits of Plus bikes.
Plus bikes climb like a mountain goat and grab the trail like a vice on the corners and descents for a fast, playful ride. These bikes are the perfect platform for the beginner or intermediate rider looking to really boost their trail-blasting abilities, while promising more advanced riders an agile bike that holds the ground like a DH rig.
The perfect partner for a session on loose rocky Summer trails or a Winter mudfest, Plus bikes push you to hold more speed, brake less and go wider on the berms. They also give you the traction to forgive a less-than-perfect line in all conditions.
- Dialed performance trail geometry on a lightweight alloy frame.
- Tapered headtube and front/rear rack mounts for those bike packing adventures.
- Features a slack 68 degree head angle, 760mm wide bars and short 60mm stem for the confidence to hit technical sections at pace.
- Shimano Altus 3×8 gearing (11-34T cassette) and a Suntour XCM triple chainset for reliable performance.
- Rigid forks offer a unique riding experience – in addition to being virtually bombproof, they are lighter up front and climb with optimal efficiency.
- The big rubber on a 27+ lets you tweak your setup to largely compensate for the loss of suspension in the front when hitting the rough stuff. The frame is suspension corrected though making the addition of suspension forks an easy upgrade down the track.
- Promax Mechanical Disc brakes (180mm front, 160mm rear) for control and stopping power.
- Big traction from 2.8” wide WTB Trailblazer tires mounted to Alex MD40 27.5+ specific 40mm wide rims. These rims are tubeless ready so you can just add suitable tires, sealant and some valve stems to enjoy even more traction and the reliability of riding tubeless.
- Lifetime frame and fork warranty for your peace of mind, and one year on non-consumable parts
|Frame||REID custom 6061-T6 alloy 27+ specific|
|Fork||REID custom 6061-T6 alloy tapered 1 1/8 to 1 1/2|
|Rims/Wheels||Alex MD40 27.5|
|Hubs||Joytech disc specific QR, rear with 141mm spacing|
|Tires||WTB Trail Blazer Comp 27.5 x 2.8" wire beaded|
|Bottom Bracket||Neco sealed bearing|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Altus M310|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Altus M310|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano HG31, 8-speed cassette (11-34T)|
|Shifters||Shimano Altus M310|
|Handlebars||REID oversize alloy riser bar, 760mm|
|Tape/Grips||Velo rubber with anodized lock ring|
|Stem||REID 1 1/8 threadless alloy|
|Brake Levers||Promax alloy|
|Brakes||Promax mechanical disc|
|Pedals||Alloy MTB, 9/16" steel axle|
|Seat Post||REID alloy 31.6mm micro adjust|
|White / Small||6666666023131||167|
|White / Medium||6666666023148||168|
|White / Large||6666666023155||169|
|White / X-Large||6666666023162|
|Fluro Matte Green / Small||6666666028815||BM10021REI - 001|
|Fluro Matte Green / Medium||6666666028822||BM10021REI - 002|